Bostonia Public House is a restaurant that strives every day to wow each guest while creating perfection. If you are well disciplined, excellent at multi-tasking and love to work the line, then we are looking for you. Food is the star of our restaurant and we strive to achieve perfection in every plate we present.
Recent Accolades Include: Being voted one of Boston’s Top Ten Contemporary American Restaurants by “Opentable Diners Choice Awards 2015” (where we consistently average a 4.5 Star rating). Consistently being ranked as one of Boston’s Top 50 Restaurants by Tripadvisor Customer Reviews out of 2,721 restaurants.
The Sous Chef position is a hands-on working position where you will learn to work every station in our kitchen in order to be an effective leader. We are looking for someone who has respect for the ingredients they work with and is open to learning new techniques to refine and enhance each dish. You should be able to demonstrate sound cooking and knife skills well as know basic meat, seafood and poultry butchery. We want someone who is comfortable enough with their skill set that they are open to critique for personal growth. For the right candidate this position can lead to becoming Executive Sous Chef as we grow into the future.
Essential Job Duties:
* Must be able to lead by example while taking pride in each and every task you do no matter how small or dirty it may be.
* Must be a mature, professional leader who is well disciplined, self-motivated and a great communicator who listens first.
* Is an excellent teacher/motivator who can inspire staff to want to produce nothing but the best at all times.
* Must love a clean kitchen and be responsible for monitoring and enforcing all sanitation practices.
* Must be a “proactive not reactive leader” that has a keen eye for the details.
* Must handle pressure and volume with grace and finesse while fostering an enthusiastic and healthy work environment.
* Has a strong sense of responsibility & integrity; is great at multi-tasking, time management. and knows what working with a “sense of urgency” means.
* Assist in inventory and labor management to achieve budgeted cost controls.
Skills, Education and Experience:
* Culinary degree preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a scratch kitchen as a sous chef.
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a daylong stage and prepare a tasting for the chef. To apply submit your professional resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com.