Bostonia Public House is now hiring for the position of Restaurant Manager
About The Team:
Bostonia Public House is an elegant renewal of a classic meeting place that celebrates the history, traditions and people of Boston. The restaurant includes an exposed kitchen serving ‘refined-rustic’ cuisine, bars on two floors (including an impressive 110 ft. walnut bar), event spaces and private rooms with soft seating.
The food & beverage offerings are intended to be approachable and stylish. Imaginative and locally-inspired menus, diverse wine by the glass offerings, and elegant live entertainment combine to promote a vibrant social scene.
We are a team of dedicated hospitality professionals that operate with a can-do attitude, committed to giving guests experiences that make them want to return time and time again.
About the Role:
We are looking to add a dynamic Restaurant Manager with a passion for hospitality. S/He is responsible for all front of house functions including guest relations, proper restaurant ambiance, supervision of all FOH staff, and managing the daily operations of our restaurant. The Restaurant Manager reports to the General Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred guests. Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Maintains restaurant’s quality standards in food preparation and service, quantity preparation and portion control, restaurant image, cleanliness, and uniform and appearance standards.
- Enforces safe and sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas; ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, legal regulations, and ordinances. Ensures safe environment to minimize risk of accidents; completes accident reports promptly in the event of an injury.
- Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by training, scheduling, coaching, and counseling staff; communicating job expectations; enforcing policies & procedures.
- Effectively manages the restaurant in the absence of the General Manager and is capable of and willing to support all staff roles according to job specifications, operating procedures, and alcohol service guidelines.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellence in engagement, attention to detail, organization, initiative and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of POS systems (Aloha a plus), Open Table preferred and Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, power point)
- Bachelor degree in hotel/restaurant management is preferred;
- ServSafe required within 3 months of employment (if not previously certified).
- TIPS certification required within 3 months of employment (if not previously certified).
- Crowd Control certification required within 3 months of employment (if not previously certified).
- Three to five years experience in a management role in a high-volume, upscale restaurant.
- Polished and professional appearance and communication skills in English.
- Work is performed primarily in the guest area, interacting with customers on a regular basis.
- Work schedule varies; approximately 50 hours per week, regularly including weekends & holidays.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting items up to 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; works with hot, hold, and hazardous equipment as well as operates phones, computers, and other office equipment.
Benefits include: competitive pay, quarterly bonus, health insurance, employee meals, corporate gym access and paid time off.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply: Submit via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration, be sure to include: Cover Letter, Resume, References & Pay Desired.