Bostonia Public House is looking for some dynamite servers to round out our team. Bostonia has a lively atmosphere, is consistently rated excellent and has a robust private events program. Must have day, night and weekend availability. Strong knowledge of craft beers, craft cocktails and American wine strongly preferred. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bostonia Public House is now hiring for the position of Bartender
AM & PM shifts available
Competitive pay based on experience. Dining discounts.
Submit via email for consideration, be sure to include:
• Shift availability
• Date available to start
• Pay desired
The primary responsibility of the bartender is to be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills to provide an outstanding guest experience, displaying integrity, personality, enthusiasm, and great skill in craft.
Essential Job Duties
• Maintain complete knowledge of Bostonia Public House food and beverage preparation, sell alcohol and food items, and ensure quality/standards prior to serving to guests.
• Promptly greet guests within 30 seconds upon arrival. Thank guests and request a return visit as they are leaving.
• Engage with guests in a clear, enthusiastic, and personalized manner, reacting to requests appropriately. Personalize service, learning names, favorite drinks, and special details of guests, establishing a relationship to develop in future visits. Anticipate guest needs, be alert to signals, acknowledge guest signals, and follow half-full rule when offering another drink.
• Suggest, mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for bar and dining room following standard recipes.
• Check identification to ensure legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; monitor responsible alcohol consumption and offer to call a taxi, involving a manager for interview as needed.
• Efficiently use computer system to enter orders immediately; complete charge payments, accept cash payment/make change.
• Maintain washing of stemware, cleanliness and stocking of work area, and attractive arrangement of bottles and glasses on display to ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant. Clear and reset bar seating area.
• Display a high level of personal cleanliness/grooming, openness/engagement, flexibility and team-oriented attitude.
Skills, Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; basic mathematical, computer, reading and writing skills.
• Must be 21 years of age to work in the guest area.
• Minimum two to five years experience in an upscale restaurant/bar environment; proven success in suggestive selling and knowledge of beer, wine, spirits, and standard drink recipes.
• Polished and professional communication in English; ability to use sound judgment and resolve minor issues.
• Excellence in integrity, attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
• Work is performed in the guest area, interacting with customers on a regular basis.
• Shift work hours; regularly includes weekends, holidays and may require overtime.
• Physical Requirements include regularly standing/walking for extended periods of time, lifting objects up to 30 pounds without assistance, and use of computer systems, and frequently bending/reaching/twisting/stooping and grasping/pushing/pulling to operate all necessary equipment.