Bostonia Public House is now hiring for the position of Host
AM & PM shifts available
Competitive pay based on experience. Dining discounts.
Submit via email for consideration, be sure to include:
• Shift availability
• Date available to start
• Pay desired
The primary responsibility of the host/hostess is to greet guests at the door in a warm and professional manner. Support the success of operations by seating and presenting menus to guests in a friendly, quick manner. Other duties will be expected as need arises.
Essential Job Duties
• Promptly greet guests as they arrive, presenting menus and informing them of daily special information. Interact with guests, react to guest requests appropriately and thank guests as they are leaving to ensure a positive dining experience.
• Take guest information and quote wait to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
• Maintain host stand operations including floor plan board, observing table availability/turnover, and cleaning/organizing/stocking stand; answer phone according to greeting standards.
• Fill to-go orders, if applicable
• Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness, openness and engagement, flexibility and team-oriented attitude.
Skills, Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two years experience in an upscale restaurant environment.
• Polished and professional communication in English; ability to use sound judgment and resolve minor issues.
• Excellence in attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
• Experience with Open Table preferred
• Work is performed in the guest area, interacting with customers on a regular basis.
• Shift work hours; regularly includes weekends, holidays and may require overtime.
• Physical Requirements include regularly standing/walking for extended periods of time, lifting objects up to 20 pounds without assistance, and frequently bending/reaching/twisting/stooping and grasping/pushing/pulling to operate all necessary equipment.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.